Harvey J. Parish constructed this house at the apex of his career in 1914. Parish platted the town of Johnstown in 1902, which he named in honor of his son, and served as the community's first mayor. The residence is the most important local example of a Craftsman Bungalow style house. Purchased by the Town of Johnstown in 1998, the building is operated by the Johnstown Historical Society as a House Museum.
The Society received a State Historical Fund grant in January 2004. Remarkably, the majority of the original interior and exterior materials and features remained intact at the time the restoration of the house began in May 2005. This work included replacing the deteriorated, non-original asphalt roofing with cedar shingles, topped by a decorative (and authentic) wood ridge cap; repointing the brick masonry; replication of the original square gutters; re-leading and strengthening the stained-glass transoms on the front porch; and repainting of the house in the historic color palette.