Crowley Consolidated High School
200 Main St.
State Register 6/9/1999, 5CW.27
Constructed in 1920, the building represents a second stage of rural school construction, reflecting the development of facilities that addressed the needs of high school students. Its larger size, two-story brick construction and inverted T-shaped plan, which included a gymnasium at the rear, is typical of the type of building rural communities constructed for educational facilities that went beyond the eighth grade.
301 Main St.
State Register 3/10/1993, National Register 7/28/1999, 5CW.26
Constructed in 1914, the one-story, red brick building has a raised basement. Architectural details include trios of round arched windows and a large ornate wood shingled bell tower. It is the only known example of the Second Renaissance Revival style in the county. The school is also the oldest public building in Crowley County. Vacant for fifteen years, a restoration project that began in 1994 enabled it to reopen as a community center, municipal facility, and museum. (2006 photograph.)